We look forward to your support and welcome you to membership. Please take some time to review our current efforts, benefits of membership, and a list of committees in which you might like to participate.
Join us in our efforts to:
- Promote supported employees/family member awareness, and development of integrated employment opportunities.
- Advocate for legislation, funding, and government decisions that promote integrated employment at the federal, state, and local levels to ensure adequate resources to support integrated employment.
- Disseminate information through meetings, conferences, training sessions, and the media to increase awareness regarding the benefits of integrated employment.
- Build network and linkages with other organizations (schools, service providers, governmental agencies, businesses, etc.), advocacy groups, and the individuals throughout the state to promote integrated employment.
- Provide support to organizations that are in the process of, or considering converting segregated programs to integrated service options.
- Create our newsletter, the Empire Times. The Times is a regular publication of New York State APSE that provides members with updates on state and federal integrated employment legislation, initiatives, best practices, and transportation opportunities.
- Provide job search assistance: list of integrated employment programs in specific geographic areas to assist New York State APSE members in relocating.
- Provide assistance in locating information on integrated employment.
- Develop strategies to become a leading state chapter of APSE: New York State APSE is the recognized New York State Chapter of International APSE.
- Provide statewide and national legislative action and policy change; representation of integrated employment interests in Washington D.C.
This joint membership application represents a partnership between New York State APSE and National APSE to work together to meet SE goals from the grassroots of local and state communities to the federal level. With a growing and strengthening APSE membership, we can offer the following benefits:
- Quarterly copies of The Advance.
- Periodic copies of The Empire Times.
- National and State action alerts.
- Job search assistance when you move or change positions.
- Assistance in locating service providers in your current or future locality.
- Access an international network of partners in SE through APSE network with the European Union.
- Help find information and technical assistance on issues you need to resolve.
- Vote on APSE issues that will shape the future of SE.
- Receive updates and information by accessing the Web page www.apse.org
- Learn how to influence change through Public Policy Leadership Training.
- Discounted rates to attend both the National and State Conferences.
- Network with SE providers, leaders, and supported employees locally and nationally.