APSE is a membership organization formed in 1988 as the Association for Persons in Supported Employment to improve and expand integrated employment opportunities, services, and outcomes for persons experiencing disabilities.
To accomplish this mission, APSE:
- Provides advocacy and education to customers of supported employment (SE) (i.e. SE professionals, individuals with disabilities and their family members, and supported employers).
- Addresses issues and barriers which impede the growth and implementation of integrated employment services.
- Improves SE practice so that individuals and communities experience SE as a quality service with meaningful outcomes.
- Promotes national, state, and local policy development which enhances the social and economic inclusion and empowerment of all persons experiencing severe disabilities.
- Partners with the public and the business community on highlighting the value of including persons with severe disabilities as valued mentors of our community members.
APSE Supported Employment (PDFs)
Ethical Guidelines - download
Competencies - download
Quality Indicators - download